The Invisible Dog Art Center is housed in a three-story former factory building in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Built in 1863, their 30,000 square foot facility has been the site of various industrial endeavors, most notably a belt factory that manufactured the famous Walt Disney invisible dog party trick, after which the center is named. The building remained dormant from the mid 1990s until 2009, when their founder Lucien Zayan opened the Invisible Dog. The Invisible Dog is dedicated to the integration of innovation in the arts with profound respect for the past.
In 2009, the building was restored for safety reasons, but special attention was given to the preservation of its original 1863 form. The ground floor is used for exhibitions, performances and public events featuring visual artists, performers and curators from around the world. The second and third floors are divided into over 30 artists’ studios and are integral to the vast creative community of the Invisible Dog.