OPEN WORLD PARTICIPANT SELECTION
There is no open call for applications for this program. Participants are identified through professional nominations and selected in a competitive review process.
The program is intended for early to mid-career arts professionals, preferably, with no prior travel to the United States. Participants must be citizens of Russia.
For each residency, the nomination process starts several months prior to the visit and includes the following steps:
- CEC ArtsLink staff work closely with the partner host organization to determine the profile of an ideal participant, a description of an artist or arts manager who would, on the one hand, benefit most from the proposed program and, on the other hand, be able to contribute most
- CEC ArtsLink staff identify a group of 4-10 Russian experts in the field who could serve as nominators, i.e. have deep knowledge of the field and represent different trends as well as different geographic regions
- Nominators receive complete information about the upcoming residency, including the profile of the ideal participant
- Nominators submit their suggestions to CEC ArtsLink staff who approach all candidates and collect application forms and work samples
Artistic or professional excellence of the applicant's work
- Potential for mutually-beneficial exchange with the hosting organization
- Applicant's plans for sharing the benefits of the exchange with artists and institutions in Russia
- Applicant's ability to meet cross-cultural challenges successfully
First, representatives of the U.S. host organization review work samples and application forms
- The final review takes place at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow with participation of the representatives of Open World Leadership Center and the Embassy’s Cultural Affairs Section